We are currently seeking a senior surveyor to join our London-based team in the fields of spatial planning and economic appraisal. To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BBP Regeneration is a specialist property and economic development consultancy that helps to create successful places and programmes.
Our clients include Homes England, local authorities, Local Enterprise Partnerships, and private developers. We currently hold economics panel contracts procured by Homes England and the GLA/TfL.
The company was established in 1994 and is now recruiting the next generation of committed professionals to lead the company through a new phase of growth. BBP is an Equal Opportunities employer.
The successful applicant will apply their understanding of land and property markets to places ranging from sub-regional down to neighbourhood or individual property scale. You will often be working iteratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to improve the deliverability of challenging projects within low demand areas. This may require the development of innovative delivery models, value engineering, and placemaking.
You will provide land and property inputs to:
- Economic development strategies and growth options studies
- Housing and economic development needs assessments
- Programme design, delivery and evaluation
- Feasibility studies and business plans
- Business cases and funding bids for commercial and residential projects requiring public sector intervention
A typical week for you could include:
- Property market research and analysis;
- Policy research and evaluation;
- Stakeholder consultation;
- Multi-criteria options appraisal of sites or projects;
- Economic impact assessment or appraisal;
- Drafting technical reports;
- Communicating complex concepts in Plain English;
- Preparing a tender submission or attending a panel interview for a new work opportunity;
- Contributing to a company-wide service / productivity improvement initiative;
- Project management, including managing external partners (e.g. urban designers, QS, engineers) and attendance at client meetings.
BBP Regeneration has ambitious growth plans, and it is anticipated that you will manage one or two direct reports within the next two years.
Available to the right candidates
- Unrivalled experience extending beyond the traditional boundaries of planning consultancy / surveying
- Contribution to a wide range of projects for high profile public and private sector clients
- Senior role within a dynamic team, with opportunity to learn from trusted professionals
- Opportunities for client secondments
- Competitive remuneration package
- Excellent prospects for career advancement
- Annual CPD training budget
- Flexible working arrangements, including homeworking
Skills and experience required
The following skills and experience are highly desirable:
- At least six years’ relevant experience
- Passion for the built environment
- Exceptional literacy and numeracy
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Successful track record of project management
- Commercial mindset and experience of work winning
The following skills and experience would also be advantageous:
- Managing teams
- Economic impact assessment
- Economic appraisal in line with government guidance (HM Treasury Green Book / MHCLG Appraisal Guide / DfT WebTAG)
- Development appraisal and cashflow modelling
- Preparing planning policy
- Presenting to senior executives, officers and politicians
- RTPI / RICS professional qualification